Historical first ‘Mannum School’ & ‘Masonic Lodge’ Own your own piece of History with magnificent River Views!
• A unique opportunity to own your own piece of history, known as the first ‘Mannum School’ which was opened in 1871 and originally owned by Capt. William Randell
• Soon to be “Heritage Listed”, this former school has played an important part in the lives of local residents for education and, later, as meeting rooms for the local Masonic Lodge.
• Superbly located at the top of Cliff Street, boasting magnificent River and main street views, just a short stroll to cafes, shops and hotels, and Riverfront Reserve
• Retaining plenty of character, constructed in local limestone & brick, with high ceilings, red face brick quoins and roof vents which keep the building cool, and reflect the date of its construction
• Recently converted into a comfortable residence, with modern touches & additions including a warm & inviting sun room, heavy duty wool carpets laid throughout, in addition to a new hot water service, re-roofed and partly re-wired in early 2000’s, with electrical certificate of compliance available
• Front lounge boasts magnificent views with slow combustion heater, partial renovation to kitchen in mid 2000’s, large hallway and renovated bathroom
• Currently “2 bedrooms”, offering loads of potential to convert the enormous former school room into multiple bedrooms, extra living areas, games room or studio – ready, set, design!
• With a renovation to suit your style, offering a wealth of future possibilities for the new owner
• Set on large secure grounds (1,408m2) charming outdoor sitting areas with private rear pergola, concrete paths & driveway leads to a 20’ x 40’ shed with pit providing secure storage
• Established to a large variety of fruit trees, a good supply of rainwater irrigates the gardens and is also plumbed to the kitchen
• Properties such as this one rarely come onto the market, so be sure to snap this one up quickly
Here an opportunity awaits you - make history become your future!